Join Daryl Upsall and David Suzuki at the terrific AFP Toronto Congress 2017, 20-22 November.
Daryl Upsall will be presenting on the themes:
FUNDRAISING: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES IN A CHANGING WORLD
In the last 20 years fundraising has seen explosive growth around the world across, with Spain being one of the fastest growing and most invested in markets whilst Canada is not seen as attractive for external investment in fundraising. Increasingly, growth is occurring in Asia and Latin America as some of the mature markets in Europe and North America are stagnating and face crisis, whist fundraising in China is beginning to take off big time. In Europe media attacks, public concerns and government scrutiny is leading to tougher rules governing data management and how we communicate with donors. The cost of recruiting and retaining new donors through “traditional” fundraising channels are increasing and new channels are failing, so far to generate both high volume/high quality donors. So how do we as a sector adapt, change and, therefore, invest for future success.
To register check here: http://afptoronto.org/congress/
- The wider world is changing faster than that of fundraising and we need to adapt to this better and now
- As fundraisers, our tools are looking tired and old and need re-invigorating and re-innovating
- Do we really know what or donors and philanthropists really want and meeting their needs? If not, we can we do to adapt, survive and grow.
FACE TO FACE FUNDRAISING TODAY – CRISIS OR EVOLUTION?
Face to face is a critical recruitment channel for many organisations and in most markets around the world, but the channel presents substantial obstacles to growth and challenges to NPOs and suppliers alike. In this session, international fundraising leader and face to face fundraising founder, Daryl Upsall will address the most critical challenges and potential solutions in expanding quality donor recruitment today. Drawing 20 years’ experience of face to face (F2F) fundraising around the world and lessons learned from the crisis in face to face that have hit the UK and other markets; innovations in face to face in emerging markets Daryl will share his vision for the future of this powerful fundraising channel. Hopefully, the session will include some lively debate.
- Challenges and opportunities for F2F fundraising
- What a major public crisis in F2F fundraising looks like and how to avoid it here
- Innovations and best practice in F2F fundraising around the world.